Some stuff that I threw here
- OS-2, a fullsize
modular analog oscilloscope I'm building from scratch. Think
Tek 7k series. It's a huge project and fucking stupid for one
person to do so it's taking a long time. Still workin on
- Littletube, a
CRT driver and video generator for
miniature electrostatic CRTs to make them easy to drop into
a project as a display. Maybe someday it'll be a thing you can
a BASIC dialect and interpreter for RAM-constrained embedded
applications wanting runtime scriptability.
- Stuff I'd like to do if I had the time, but probably won't
- A full series of bench instruments designed from scratch. I know
there's OSHW stuff out there already but it's just fun to do.
I'd love to experiment with oldschool analog/modern digital
fusion UI design. Stuff needs knoooooobs
- A Modern Legacy Computer. A new ARM SOC/SOM with a bunch of
circuitry to give it all the old ports and interfaces. I think
it'd be dope as fuck to build a multicore 64-bit ARM computer
with ISA slots and floppy drives and shit. Shouldn't be too
hard to make that a first class citizen in OS land with some
simple kernel modules too
- About me
- I'm Alexis Lockwood (she/they)
- I'm a Colorado-based electronics engineer in my late 20s*.
I really like analog electronics. Fitting because my workspace
*Probably early 30s by now since I never update this
- Not really Into Tech™ unless it's old and useless. I have at least
half a dozen CRTs on my bench at any time. I do more modern
stuff like multilayer boards with penguins on them and shit that
connects to the internet (that probably shouldn't) for money.
Which we should abolish and start working on fixing this mess
of a world we made instead of building more gizmos.</cynicism>
- Kinda into stuff that burns dinosaur squeezings and makes vroom
vroom noises too, though yeah we should all probably burn fewer
dinosaur squeezings. Hey, getting my hands dirty is fun, and
I can't do much physical activity so it lets me feel like I'm
going fast wheeee lol 🏍️🏎️
- My ADHD is poorly managed so all of this is out of date lmao
- I'm a queer, trans anarchist who thinks "keep politics separate" is
a pretty neat idea for people who get to live on easy mode,
deal with it. Eat the rich y'all, BGDC
- My socials are 🐘
alexisvl on gitlab
- This website
- I type the HTML into vim and glue on some other stuff with a macro
processor. Currently cpp and a makefile.
Yeah I know static site generators are a thing but I like this.
It just feels more personal, y'know? Handcrafted
artisanal HTML like my great grandma did back in 1312.
- It's ugly but so am I. I like it that way.
- (But I don't want it to be inaccessible so if
it's an actual pain in your ass feel free to let me know.
See socials above.)
- You can see my
git sins lol
Last updated June 2021
By Alexis Lockwood. This content disclaims copyright. Ⓐ